Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cooking for a crowd.....

Gearing up for the dessert....Just look at that 15 pounds of butter!
The Aftermath....my kitchen was a disaster. When we do things like this it gets a little hectic about one hour before it needs to be done. I have an amazing family that pitches in and helps me with all the crazy things I get involved with. Roger, Terryn & Hadley were amazing helpers! Speaking of Roger, he gave up his Jazz tickets for tonight because he knew I would need his help. He gets a gold star!Yep....who would have thought that Mt Dew comes in caffine free? Isn't the caffine the whole point of Mt. Dew? I don't know, I am not a "Dew" drinker. BTW.....I use the hard stuff when I make this at home.......My recycling pile.....that makes my family crazy! They think I am nuts because I recycle. In fact, the other day I said to Roger:
Me: I am just trying to make my carbon footprint smaller.
Roger: What is the use, I am just going to make my carbon footprint bigger and then yours will be canceled out.
You see what I have to deal with.......
Still cleaning up.....
This lovely mess is where I knocked over my bottle of Vanilla....all over my recipes.
Finally.....to the recipe you all want! Sorry you had to read through all my craziness.....
APPLE DUMPLINGS
2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls (you should have 16 rolls-8 per can)
2 sticks butter (not marg.!)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
cinnamon
8 oz. Mt Dew
Peel and core apples. Cut apple into 8 slices. Roll each apple slice into a crescent roll. Place in a 9x 13 buttered pan.
In a saucepan, melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. The butter/sugar mixture should look grainy. Add vanilla, stir and pour over apple rolls. Pour Mt Dew around edges and down the center of pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake @ 350 for 40 minutes, it should look really brown. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream. Spoon some of the sweet sauce from pan over the top. ENJOY!

No comments: