I was just getting ready to post my dessert recipe from tonight's big wing ding..... and I thought I would first post the dish I made for dinner last night. Someone out there in cyber land might want to try it....I love it! And...since asparagus is on sale this week at Bowman's.....
Stir fried asparagus with chicken
1 lb. asparagus
1TB. vegetable oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cut into stir fry size chunks
6 TB. Hosin sauce
Break the woody ends off the asparagus, they will snap at the right spot if you bend the stalk. Cut into 1-1/12 inch lengths.
Place oil in a wok or large fry pan. Add the asparagus pieces and stir fry until they begin to brown a little-about 10 minutes. Remove the asparagus.
Add the chicken to the pan and stir fry until cooked through, return the asparagus to the wok and stir fry an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Add the hosin sauce with 4 TB. of water, cook until the sauce glazes all the chicken and asparagus. Serve over rice.
Really yummy!
I was out of hosin sauce last night, so I substituted Lawry's sesame ginger marinade and it tasted great. I am not a fan of substitutions in recipes, but if you are out........
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment