Sunday, May 17, 2009

Race day!

In the blink of an eye, three years ago our family became a part of an association, club,
brotherhood...call it what you may, of something not one of us understood. We were thrust into an unfamiliar world of:
TBI
Air Med
Skull Fractures
Blood Clots
Trauma Doctors
Neuro Surgeons
Social Workers
ICP
Intracranial Pressure
PIC Lines
EVD
Glasgow Coma Scale
PCMC
PICU
Bolts
Manitol
BIAU
Our world revolved around numbers.....one minute at a time, five minutes at a time, days, weeks....brain pressure numbers.....dosages of medication.....It was a world we couldn't explain. Neal A Maxwell said it perfectly......"We endure.....When we can not explain." We watched as Sebastian died....baby George lived while waiting for a heart.....the baby boy waiting for a liver died.....Parker lived.....there is no explanation, other than a miracle and for Parker's recovery we will be forever grateful!
Parker's Air Med helicopter landing at Primary Children's Hospital. Still...to this day I do not like to hear helicopters flying overhead..the sound makes my heart beat really fast!

So....this, Parker's story, is why we ran.....Saturday was the Brain Injury Association of Utah's annual 5K Run Walk and Roll at Liberty Park. At one point during my run it hit me how lucky we were....I had run by a few different groups in wheelchairs. I started to cry...for them and for how lucky we are to have a happy, healthy, amazing Parker! My chip
What is that random guy looking at? Take a picture....
Go 'Kenzie
I couldn't believe it when they called my name for 2nd place in my division!
Closer look at that ribbon!
McKenzie & Parker
Parker....this one is for you! I love you!

No comments: