Friday, March 13, 2009

Lime Chicken Tacos

I made these Lime Chicken Tacos for dinner the other night. Sometimes new recipes are a hit, other times we toss the recipe in the trash. I will be making this one again! The Raspberry Chipotle Salsa was a good addition to the tacos.
LIME CHICKEN TACOS
1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cubed ( I used 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
1/4 C. red wine vinegar
juice of 1 lime
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
4-5 green onions, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
4 TB. fresh cilantro, chopped
Flour tortillas, warmed
Saute chicken in a skillet with a little oil for a few minutes until chicken becomes white all around. Combine vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and cilantro and add to chicken. Simmer 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add chicken to tortillas and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, avocado, salsa and sour cream.

No comments: