Where were you people that were supposed to keep me out of Costco? Believe me....had you stopped me you could have prevented a lot of grief for me today!
I was in line to pay and the clerk scanned my Costco card and said it had expired.....okay I knew it was coming up, but I thought we had until the end of the year, not the end of November...oops! She also said if I wanted to renew right at the checkout I could and it would be an additional $1,640.00-Oh my gosh the price of Costco has gone up slightly, it used to be around $50.00. Then it dawned on me that the amount must be for Roger's whole company because we all have cards through Vision. Since they are not renewing the cards, which was obvious when I tried to use mine and it was expired......Anyhow, I told the clerk I would go over to customer service and open a new account, she called a manager over who used her special key in the register and told me I could go ahead and just pay, but she glared at me....which the other people behind me in line were already doing.....and said, "I am going to let you do this only once! Just for today!" It wasn't her nice voice either....I felt kind of like she thought I was trying to get away with something. I wanted to say, "Hey lady, just look at my tab here...they will show it to you, they always seem to show it to me. You will see I spend tons here." (OK, Roger if you read this "tons" might be a tiny bit of an exaggeration) So....let me continue, everything was scanned (while all the people were STILL waiting in line behind me) and I swiped my debit card to pay and the clerk practically yells, "DECLINED." What the ****, my debit card has never been declined. Now the people in line are really glaring because now in their eyes I am trying to cheat Costco and pay with a bad credit card. I said, "Let me swipe it again, there is nothing wrong with my card, I use it all the time." (Not really "all the time" Roger....only occasionally) So...again I swipe it and again the clerk says, "DECLINED." I know there isn't anything wrong so I swipe it again.....just to see if I could yell, "DECLINED" before the clerk could-she doesn't know about my competitive streak! And she isn't amused....I quickly grabbed a different card from my wallet and paid, hoping it wouldn't be declined. I did have a thought that maybe Roger had put some kind of hold on my expenditures at Costco so that my debit card would not work there.....no, he wouldn't do that......would he?
Later....at home I called my bank to see what was wrong with my card. Ha! People at Costco, I am not a (you fill in the blank)....all the bad things you were thinking about me. It was my banks fault, something was wrong with their PIN system throughout the whole bank and everyone that tried to use their card with their PIN was being declined. Good to know, hopefully it will be fixed soon.....at least before my next trip to Costco!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment