Thursday, November 6, 2008

Water Bottles....

I was cleaning out the cupboard where I keep water bottles and I found the ones Roger and I took on pioneer trek this summer. I have no idea why we kept them, look at how disgusting they are.....One thing led to another, water bottles, trek, memories, pictures....you get the picture. So, I thought I'd post a few of our memories of the 4 days we spent walking almost 40 miles.
Can you read the top of Roger's water bottle? "Just add Bourbon ." I'll admit I had people watching out for me and slip me a cold "Diet Pepsi" a couple times, but what did Roger have them bringing him? No wonder he wasn't complaining about his hurt foot.....Our cute little family at Martin's Cove. Look how clean we look...it gets worse, this is just the first day. I was still wearing make up....I may be laughing, but I am really telling Roger, "If you drop me, you die!"
P.S. The bonnet lasted about 10 minutes-then I shoved it to the bottom of my bucket never to be seen again. That's right, unbelievable, but true, I lived out of a bucket for 4 days and survived!
The first morning things for us went from bad to worse. After sleeping in a shelter (not a tent) and surviving the night....We didn't even make it out the gate before breaking our cart...ooops. I don't think we were supposed to do that. Let me back up a bit and mention that the night before, we got in to camp really, really late. As we were setting up camp in the dark Roger hurt his foot really bad, he couldn't even walk on it. So, in the morning after we broke the cart, while we re-packed the new one Roger paid a visit to the doc in his horse trailer (now that is a sanitary medical facility). The doctor shot Roger's foot up with Litocaine to numb it so he would be able to walk the first few hours-then they planned on shooting it up again. I can't really blame Roger for the Bourbon water bottle.....The Woman's pullAnna & Olivia in the front Kelsey & me in the back
Roger, in our lovely shelter (home sweet home) with his foot on ice.
All the Pa's were given a letter describing what each family would participate in as we climbed Rocky Ridge.I was blindfolded and led by one of my girls.Rocky Ridge
Our cute family on the last day.....if you notice I had the same thing on in the pictures from the day before. I slept in the shirt....I have never done that in my life, but when I went to bed the night before it was really late and I just thought, I'll sleep in my shirt tonight and in the morning I'll get a different shirt out of my suitcase (Oh, I meant my BUCKET). Well, in the morning everything in my bucket was dirtier than the shirt I had on so I just kind of brushed it off and wore it again......I can't believe I did that-totally out of character for me!

No comments: